Wednesday, September 10, 2003

Walk with Elephant

This weekend I was driving down one of the roads in Pune and overtook an elephant which was being ridden by two sadhus. Since I wanted to show the elephant to my one year old son, I parked the car on the road and waited for Elephant to approach us. The animal passed us at a touching distance. Since my son enjoyed it , i decided to walk with the elephant for a short distance.

Though having seen elephants in circus, television etc, never have seen it so closely. One thing which I noticed that everyone on the road was just looking at that magnificent animal. Down the road , there was a traffic signal and when the elephnat reached there it was red, but the sadhus on the elephant never cared to stop and continued moving. A traffic constable who was observing this just laughed and touched the elephant.
Probably he might have thought how will I stop him or what should I fine him and that too during the 10 days of Ganpati festival

No comments: